The PING G425 Max Driver received its name because it elevates the moment of inertia (MOI) to the highest level in PING's history and provides golfers the most forgiving driver in golf. To achieve this new level of MOI and performance, PING engineers combined key technologies from the G400 Max and G410 Plus, resulting in a 26-gram tungsten moveable weight in the rear of the driver. Without PING's weight saving Dragon Fly Crown technology, this would not have been possible. The weight can be positioned over a smaller area than G410 models, thus shifting the center of gravity lower and farther back, without sacrificing performance. In fact, the G425 Max produces an average MOI increase of 14% compared to the G410 Plus, regardless of whether the weight is secured in the neutral, draw or fade setting. While talk is great, the numbers back PING's claims about the G425 Max up, with three combinations of weight position and loft measuring north of a whopping 10,000 MOI.
Clearly, forgiveness is the Max's calling card, but PING didn't forget about speed. Turbulators reduce aerodynamic drag to increase club head speed and the proprietary T9S+ forged face accelerates face flexing for explosive ball speed.
With 5 stock shafts available, golfers of all skill levels can find a profile that marries perfectly with their swing. Three of the stock offerings are PING's proprietary ALTA CB, ALTA Distanza and Tour graphite shafts, while Mitsubishi's Tensei AV Raw Orange and Aldila's Rogue White round out the bunch. The stock Golf Pride Lite 360 Tour Velvet grip now includes an Arccos Smart Caddie Sensor that allows you to track your on-course performance via the free iOS and Android apps.
PING G425 Max Driver Features:
- Cast Ti 8-1-1 body, forged T9S+ face, 460cc head
- 26-Gram movable tungsten weight creates low and back CG for massive MOI and forgiveness (average MOI increase of 14% compared to G410 Plus)
- Rear weight can be secured in neutral, draw or fade setting to dial in the preferred shot shape
- Extremely lightweight Dragonfly Crown Technology allows PING to strategically move weight low/back
- T9S+ Forged face accelerates face flexing for massive distance
- Turbulators reduce aerodynamic drag for increased club head speed
- Internal rib structure improves acoustics for a solid and pleasing sound
- Loft Options: 9°, 10.5° & 12°
- Loft Adjustability: 0, +1°, +1.5°, -1°, -1.5°
- Lie Adjustability: Up to 3° flatter
- Stock Shafts: PING ALTA CB • PING ALTA Distanza • PING Tour • Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange • Aldila Rogue White
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Lite 360 Tour Velvet with Arccos Smart Caddie Sensor
- Authorized PING Retailer